Thursday, March 21, 2013

Where Halloween goes to hide

They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky. They're all together ooky .......
 
I found where Halloween hides while it"s waiting for October.
 At first I wasn't going to go.
I hemmed and hawed and looked at the Craigslist pictures but I really didn't want to drive that far ..... then I saw it. Wayyyy back in the corner. What the heck is that? The stuff of nightmares, that's what.

For some reason that clinched it and I went to the sale if only to see what was up with the giant bear. Or is it a mouse?

It all looked so normal when I got there even though the barn was almost completely dark. And it was so, so, SO COLD! I couldn't stop shivering. I was so cold I couldn't concentrate.

I went up and down all the tables, speed-shopping. I think I was hunched over with cold as a matter of fact. And my nose was running.

It didn't matter if I was freezing because I knew I-Must-Prevail.
I am Picker, Hear Me Roar!
Plus I'd driven, like, 45 miles. So I found a few things: a rocking horse, a couple metal table bases, some tools and a nice curio cabinet.

Then I took note of the bear. Then I noticed the bin full of masks and,
uhhh, body parts? Shudder.
Up close he is not a nice bear. Then I took a slow look around.

 Oh, good lord! My worst nightmare. CLOWNS! I feel sick.

An alligator! Eating raw meat!

More body parts.

The 'parts' again. Wait. Are those prizes?

Oh my gosh, there was so much creepy stuff just beyond the tape, lurking in the semi-dark, I half way expected to see the giant desk from the hoarder sale I went to.

I asked the seller if it was a closed amusement park but she said it was a haunted house. Ohhhhh. Okay, that made sense. No wonder there were
bins of masks.

Of course! Why else would there be a row of skulls just outside? And a hearse parked in a shed?

And a barrel of alien slime? Interesting garage sale, I'd have to say. I mean, how many times to you get to go to a haunted garage sale?

I wonder if the family's last name is Addams?

All in all it was a good, if a bit unusual, sale. I was happy with what I found and even happier when a nice man loaded my car for me. Sadly, the mirrored back of the curio broke on the way home. sigh

But as I left I had to wonder, how in the world did I not see
THIS on the way in?

Seriously? I drove right by this? Eegads.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Now that's a pick from your nightmares! I'm glad that it paid off for you though. Thanks for sharing at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to all, the blog has really the dreadful information I really enjoyed a lot.
    life insurance

    ReplyDelete