Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A few of my favorite things

Happy New Year!

Yay, 2012! Are you as ready for a new year as I am?
I didn't get much painting done over the holidays. It was a crazy, busy time. We had house guests and parties to attend like millions of others. 


So here's the age-old chicken/egg question.
Which came first ....?

I had the extra time-eater of having to go to town for either transfusions and fun shots in the belly every day. Because we live out past the back of beyond, even the quickest trip into town uses up 3 hours, so painting furniture just didn't happen. So, was I needing treatment because I didn't paint furniture? Or did I not paint furniture because I was getting treatment? Hmmmm.

I feel badly that I have nothing new to show, but I've noticed around Blog-Land that lots of way-too-busy folks are posting their favorite projects. So, here are 4 of my personal favorites from the last year or so. There are so many more that I love that it was hard to choose.


My giant hutch. This was my first chalk paint project.


The Union Jack Dresser. Love it! However, it is for sale to make room for my next dresser project.


My Old Logo Trunk. I did this for myself but ended up selling it when I got an idea for a new trunk. (Still in progress.)


Chick Chair. Cuteness in green! Selling it, too. It's on ebay.



And so many others.
I have a couple things half done that I hope to post soon! So, I guess I better get busy.

Linking to:
http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Great projects. Still loving that cute green chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time favorite is that Union Jack Dresser. Amazing. Hope you are feeling well. -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the unique spin you put on the Union Jack dresser. I would never had thought to use those beautiful earthy colors. Very Cool!! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you posted your favorites--loving all the transformations, but the dresser and green chair are my favorites! I have an old entertainment center I am considering painting tan/gray--I may just jump at it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, they’re all noteworthy! They’re the type of furniture you’ll find in antique stores or the ones that get the most repins on Pinterest. :) My favorites are the last two. Love the classic effect of the famous brand prints against the timeworn look of the woodwork. And I didn’t miss the chicks printed on the back of the chair. ;P

    ReplyDelete