Friday, September 2, 2011

Passion and Denial

I'm not going to dwell, but my reality is I deal with cancer day in and day out. HOW I deal with it is what matters. I deal with it with a good attitude and what my doctor calls Functional Denial. What that means is I ignore being sick and just get on with my life. Which is painting furniture and ..... JUNKING!


Having a passion for something enriches anyone's life, but when going through life's less-fun moments, your passion and attitude is what will make or break you. So far I have defied all the doctors' expectations and have left them scratching their heads. My test results say I should be in chemo but the reality is I'm doing great and my doctors have chosen to not treat me until further notice. PASSION, people. And a healthy dose of functional denial. And a strong sense of just get on with it. And garage sales.


And now for the real post about passion:

3 comments:

  1. YOU are inspiring, keep on creating! It is amazing what you are doing!! My son is a cancer survivor, he was diagnosed at 11 mos and is now a happy, healthy 6 year old!! I can't wait to see what you're up to next!!

    {michelle}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you spoke to me about Functional Denial. I am right there with you. The cancer doesn't define me either. Loved your Union Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across your blog from Karen (this old house!!) and I too am in functional denial! 23 months since diagnosis (pancreatic) and going strong! Passion does help! Love your work!!
    xo Cait

    ReplyDelete