Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to the rescue

Okay, so we know I heart the Union Jack. I had been eyeballing the little red chair in my livingroom for weeks; to paint or not to paint, that is the question. Oh heck, paint! The old, worn red paint was an interesting shape to I took my favorite color - olive - and altered it to the Union Jack. It came out very abstract, no?


It took hardly any time at all for me to really dislike the red and green combo. Seriously? The Christmas Jack? Ugh, but I lived with it for ages. Then I couldn't take it any more, plus I got a new shipment of Chalk Paint. So there I was, eyeballing my little Christmas chair with ASCP firmly in hand. Here's what I have now. Still a graphic, abstract Union Jack but much more fun (to me, anyway).







I used Graphite, Graphite with black pigment added, Paris Grey and Old White. I lightly sanded to reveal some red, topped with clear wax and a good buffing. I'm really happy with my little gray chair. Now, I have to decide if I'll list it on etsy.

And, of course, I'm looking at every stick of furniture, asking the silent question: Wanna be a Union Jack?

Linking to:


5 comments:

  1. OOOO, that is a new take on the Union Jack. Kind of like Steam Punk meets lovely ASCP. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a woman who wears bunny ears and funny glasses. AND she can paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Sandy, the bunny ears and glasses are only the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so cool and creative and just wonderful! :o)
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took hardly any time at all for me to really dislike the red and green combo. Seriously? The Christmas Jack? Ugh, but I lived with it for ages. Then I couldn't take it any more, plus I got a new shipment of Chalk Paint. So there I was, eyeballing my little Christmas chair with ASCP firmly in hand. pakistani silk suits online , 2 piece suit for ladies

    ReplyDelete