Friday, August 22, 2014

a simple before and after

When we were in Portland for my last appointment with the Clinical trial people I took advantage of Portland's craigslist. I bought a couple dressers and really wished I had more time. We were in a time crunch to get home because Mr. Bad Rabbit had to fly out first thing in the morning.

Oh, and we had to spend some time buying this:


Purdy, huh? But I can't sand and paint it.

• • • • •

So, furniture. This was dresser #2.


Notice that "V" shape on the top drawer? In the craigslist ad it looked like it was raised. I was so bummed when it turned out to be just darker stain!

I debated taping it off and saving the design. I debated adding an applique. In the end I fell asleep in my chair and did nothing.

Another peak at my staging for the show this weekend.

See the rustic dresser back there?




I went rustic with my paint. It was slap-dash-slish-splash. Let's see if I can remember what I used.......

On the sides I splashed on American Paint Sackcloth, AS French Linen, American Paint Plymouth Rock and American Paint Home Plate. I didn't wait for anything to dry, I just smooshed more paint on. Then I sanded. Then I glazed. The drawer fronts and top are essentially just Plymouth Rock and Home Plate. The pulls were sprayed with Dover White.



Have I mentioned I've been hobbling around on a broken foot? I rebroke an injury from early summer and this time it hurts like a bear. And it's just my luck the Tie-Days event is this weekend. Maybe I'll be able to spend most of my time sitting down nursing a Gator-aid.

Linking to:
miss mustard seed
french country cottage
be different act normal
domestically-speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment