Friday, July 4, 2014

Second verse, same as the first

Updated update.

We're off to celebrate The Fourth of July but real quickly I wanted to show you what I did today. (Since I had a fire lit under me.) My previous post showed a book shelf that I was feeling 'stuck' on. Well, i unstuck myself.

Before and after. The after photos were taken inside since it was close to 90° outside.

The colors are more accurate here.


I went way more rustic on the redo.

The color on the right has more depth.

Ahhhhh. This is more my style. Layers of color and wax.

So, busy busy me!

6 comments:

  1. I love the layers of color and wax. It is very deep, rich and beautiful! Great job!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous Daena. That book shelf was just begging to be distressed. Stunning job!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now lookey there, you hadn't finished it in your previous post and were just stuck in the ugly-right-before-beautiful stage (but it wasn't actually ugly even then)! Good job! It looks really good now! :) I found your blog through missmustardseed. Now i'm off to explore the rest of your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete