Tuesday, February 21, 2012

CeCe Caldwell Part Deux

CeCe and the Three Little Tables
UPDATED!!

Now the the Smokey Mountain tables. I found these tables at different sales over a period of time and when I put them together last week they seemed like they were related. So they all got to be smokey blue.


Aren't they cute? Just look at those faces ......


I used a cabinet scraper to distress the edges since sandpaper wasn't working well for me. I love my cabinet scrapers anyway. They are quick and fun to use.


You can see the brush strokes here. I tried using a foam roller but got little bumps all over. Maybe I should have thinned the paint a little but after the coverage challenge I had with Vintage White I was hesitant.

UPDATED: I sanded down the brush strokes on all three tables and repainted with Smokey Mountain that was thinned with a lot of water. The result is perfection! An absolutely smooth surface. So, despite seeming to be really thin, the paint needs to be thinned for best results.



I have a couple more small tables and a footstool that I'm going to paint with the CeCe Caldwell paint. Now that I know what to expect, I'm interested to see if the results are different. For example, I'll use primer under the white paint next time. And maybe thin the Smokey Mountain a little bit.

9 comments:

  1. Lovong these tables too! I love that you left the tops stained. I have 2 tables in my Den that i want to look like these!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tables, and they do look as if they belong together. Painting furniture with that distressed look is always a little tricky, but yours look great. It's always fun to experiment though... I'll be anxious to see what you do next.
    Blessings!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color and trio! I'm your newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great color. I love the contrast of the stained tops with the paint. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this paint before. I'm a huge ASCP fan but I'm always willing to try something else so I can make an informed and educated decision. Thanks for sharing your experience with it. Your pieces look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tables are just beautiful...such a professional...what a beautiful color..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job!! I love the color. :) ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful. I couldn't find an email to get a hold of you so I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. I am a fan of your blog and enjoy your creativity and content. I myself was nominated for this award and it is with great pleasure that I pass it on to you. Check out my post for all the details! Congratulations

    http://theconsignerdesigner.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my perfection! What beautiful tables. I have to admit, I love my scraper as well....it is a bit more fun than sandpaper & sooo much quicker.
    I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete