Sunday, October 28, 2012

Has this ever happened to you?

Or:

  An Ode to Chemo-Brain.

This is just a quick post to share my joy. 

Not.

Really. Has this happened to you?
I came across this beat-up chair and loved the lines and detail of the crusty old thing. And, I thought it would be a fun challenge to reupholster it.



I didn't want to keep that mouse-eaten, mouse-habitat fabric around so as I took off all the sections I laid them on craft paper and traced a pattern, carefully labeling as I went, then set it aside.

Weeks later I was rushing to package up a rug I was returning. I vaguely thought, as I rolled the rug up, "What are these drawings on this paper?" Then, off to the post office and one errand crossed off my list.

The refund didn't show up and didn't show up so I emailed the company. No one had ever seen a rug. Nope. Didn't. No siree.

(The company was gracious enough to send me a gift code.)

Weeks later I had time to start my upholstery project so I went to get my pattern ........

My pattern. 

Riggght. 

It's all coming back to me now ....
So, THAT'S what those drawings were. Wrapped around a rug and lost in space forever. Good grief.

So, this is how my upholstery-project chair looks now.

Sigh. Nice bones.

1 comment:

  1. Yes maam - that's some nice bones. I do stupid things all the time, but I am unable to blame it on chemo, babies, or anything (maybe post-menopause?).

    ReplyDelete