Photography

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cover your eyes! Another Union Jack!

I think I confessed to this obsession early on. I am totally enamored of the Union Jack. (Did I hear someone say "duh"?)

A couple years ago when I lost my hair to chemo, I had an etsy artist make me a cotton headscarf using my favorite image - a watercolor style Union Jack. Lately I've been pondering how to repurpose it. I tried to use it on a vanity bench but I wasn't loving the bench's style. Then I remembered I had this little hooked rug stool, and I thought, hmmmmm.


Easy as pie! I painted the legs brown and sanded them back to show the original metallic gold. I added some foam because the seat was a little hard. To give the scarf more body I applied an iron-on interfacing. It turned out just right.

I attached the fabric to the stool and used jute for the trim and that was that. While I was working I watched a couple episodes of Nate Berkus. :-)




The colors in the scarf are rich and varied. They range from plum to aqua to olive to chocolate and back again.


Finished. All in all, a very pleasant afternoon! And I have another piece of Union Jack furniture. yay

Linking to these creative folks. Go see what they are doing!
primp
somewhat simple
crafty scrappy happy
http://www.houseofhepworths.com/ 
my 1929 charmer

4 comments:

  1. This came out awesome! What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out so great, what a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stool looks fantastic!
    Great blog!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to repurpose your scarf. It looks quite lovely on your stool. Are you as disappointed as I am that Nate has been cancelled, UGH! I love his show. Where will be get some of our ideas. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete