Monday, November 28, 2011

The reward for hard work is hard work

I get my booth at the antique mall on Thursday! There is soooo much work left to do. I have to make a sign. I have to make my hang tags. I have to finish painting a couple things. I have to figure out prices for new things.

Since I didn't have a clue how I was going to set up, and I didn't want to stand in front of an empty booth, dumbstruck, I decided to stage my booth in the garage. Using a buffet as the back, I taped off the dimensions and started hauling furniture out there.
 My creative neighbor and her creative daughter came by and helped figure out the best arrangement. Then, after a lot of 'No, put it here' and 'Ewww, let's move that', we got the first rendition of the booth done. Without walls, of course, but still.

This is the hypothetical left side of the booth.


Do you see the new chair?


And the right side. I have lots of antique mirrors to hang, as well as Christmas bling, so the wall won't be the blank spot you see here.


Closer. This is so "before." Before polishing, before ironing, before painting (the vanity).


So, there's your sneak preview. If you are close to Medford, Oregon on Thursday, come see my progress at American Mercantile. I won't make you work. Honest.

10 comments:

  1. good luck, I hope you sell a ton!! You have such wonderful stuff, I am sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the booth. I have been in mine for about 5 months now and it is still very high maintenance. It is a good feeling though. It was tricky trying to figure out how to stage the small things so that they would sell but not cover the big things so they would sell too. Color combos are a big deal too. There is a lady at our shop with the best booth! Not thing big or expensive but the colors are rich and inviting. It is the perfect cluster. Good luck. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary is a beautiful place situated in North Sikkim. Around 40 rhododendron species are found at this PCSO Lotto Latest Result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the individual is not married, he or she may then qualify through parents provided one of the parents was born in an eligible country, then he/PCSO Lotto Online Result can claim their parent's country of birth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wait period can extend into numerous years and it would be understandable the frustration of having to wait for so long and having to establish eligibility at the end of PCSO Latest Result this long period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is surrounded by beautiful surroundings such as lovely streams and majestic mountains which makes it all the more charming. It is the largest monastery in the state. Adorned with beautiful murals, the monastery has a Watch PCSO Lottery Result four-storied main temple with a golden sculpture on its roof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before the registration period of the diversity lottery, the State Department will publish in its web site the instructions for the lottery program. These instruction are generally posted during the month of August every year. The submission period for the lottery will happen anywhere between the Watch PCSO Lottery Online Result months October to November each year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only does Montana offer the Powerball Lottery, it also offers the Montana Cash game. The Montana Cash game only costs $1 and the prizes start at $20,000 and increase until someone wins. To play the game, you select five numbers from one to thirty-seven, and then choose five numbers from one to thirty-five. In the Montana Cash game, you win a cash prize even for only matching 3 Psco Lotto Online Result.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first and foremost requirement is that you must be a native of one of the qualifying countries. Nativity simply means you must have been born in one of the qualifying countries and it does relate to the country which you live Watch Pcso Lotto Result Online.

    ReplyDelete
  10. . So, I grabbed one of them and got my flat black spray paint and I was off! Whoo hoo, playing with kid's chairs! They are so much fun. Demir Leather

    ReplyDelete