Photography

Friday, November 11, 2011

On the bright side!

Besides chalk paint, besides BIG pieces of furniture, there are these whimsical, crazy pieces that aren't getting much attention lately. The bright colors and patterns are the result of me channeling Alice in Wonderland and especially the White Rabbit. The White Rabbit is my muse. You should see my house - there are white rabbits everywhere. yikes

This is my Circus Box. I did this one for myself but as my house filled up with painted furniture
I had to
make hard choices. This is now on etsy.

Before:


After:


This stool had 700 layers of old scary paint. It was nasty.

Before:


and after:


My Pin Up Girl bench is unlike anything else I've done. Va Va Va Voom!

Before:


 and after:


Check out the fabric:


My little coffee bean shaped bench was done for charity.

Before:

 

and after. A terrible picture but you get the idea.
 

and finally, for today, my wacky doll highchair. (That is used as a plant stand.)

Before:

 

and after:


 

The crazy fabric was designed by Jay McCarroll, the very first Project Runway winner!
Check it out:


7 comments:

  1. Coming over from Remodelaholic....LOVE-LOVE-LOVE!!!! These pieces! They are amazingly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that super cool little trunk that became your circus box? At first I thought it was an old waterfall style chest. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stuff! Getting those diamonds all the same size must take some time and planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a crazy painter just like me...I think we are kindred spirits. If you go to my website and look for MacKenzie Childs Inspirations on my lower right, you will see my painted furniture much like yours. It's a real gift you have. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so cute, my favorite is the high chair, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that circus box. Wow! Thanks for sharing this at What's In The Gunny Sack!

    ReplyDelete