Every now and then I paint something I want to keep. This dresser is one of those things, but onto Craigslist it went. sigh
I already posted the 'before and after' so this post is about the details.
I sanded the edges of the applique slightly and used glaze for most of the aging. I wanted a less-is-more approach to the distressing this time.
I used 4 different colors of paint for this 'simple' technique.
I left the brush strokes and scratches alone since they add to the aged look.
Again, very light distressing and almost no glaze, which is so much more realistic looking on this dresser.
After letting the dresser dry for a day or so, I put on a gel topcoat. This General Finishes gel topcoat goes on beautifully but has a strong odor and needs ventilation. Because of that, I'll keep shopping for a gel topcoat that's a little more user friendly.